Reporting to the Education Practice Lead, the Education Strategist is a multi-talented individual who understands the issues, challenges and opportunities within the education sector (higher education, ed tech, etc) at a deep level and can turn that knowledge into actionable brand, marketing, advertising, enrollment and advancement strategies for Primacy’s education clients.
The ideal candidate is intelligent, savvy and empathetic. As the Education Strategist, you will work hard and smart. You may have worked in a marketing, communications or advancement capacity at an education-focused organization as well as at an agency and focused on (or at least had significant involvement with) education clients. Understanding education vertical landscape well enough to know the issues the industry is facing and have a point of view about where it’s all going – both in the U.S. and abroad will be critical. You will need to have innate and strong collaboration skills and demonstrated leadership in guiding clients and internal teams to tangible solutions to real challenges.
Explore project types you might work on
- Identify proactive opportunities to pitch Primacy’s capabilities to targeted prospects while replying to RFPs and other reactive requests for Primacy’s services.
- Expand Primacy’s client base into emerging and innovative new education-focused fields.
- Lead internal teams through proposal development, in-person and virtual pitch presentations and post-presentation lead nurture communications with the goal of securing new work for the company.
- Maintain a roster of 5-7 clients whose businesses you are deeply familiar with and for whom you can provide ongoing/as needed consultative support over the course of their engagement with Primacy.
- Develop strategies and advocate internally for solutions that meet your clients’ needs and help them achieve their objectives.
- Be seen as a trusted advisor to our education clients, providing them with ideas and insights, industry context, a point of view on trends, etc.
- Seek opportunities to share strategic thinking with the wider education industry through speaking engagements, published articles and client roundtables.
- Collaborate on the development of marketing materials that attract new clients to Primacy, including surveys, case studies and white papers.
- Nurture relationships with relevant industry organizations and media outlets and seek opportunities for involvement and leadership positions.
- Be able to define “strategy” in 10 words or less
- Have a modern and innovative mindset
- Believe in the power of strong branding and breakthrough creative
- Understand that one insight is more powerful than 1,000 pieces of data
- See opportunity in the upheaval of the education industry
- 10-15+ years of experience in the fields of marketing, communications, advertising, technology, enrollment, advancement, etc.
- Client-side experience in the education sector (colleges, universities, ed tech companies, enrollment-driven high schools) is a strong positive
- Past agency experience focused on the education sector is also a strong positive
- A college degree. Graduate degree in a relevant/related field is a plus, not a requirement.
- Be comfortable with travel. This role requires travel to various locations on a regular basis for new business pitches, client work, industry conferences, etc. Expected travel is approximately 20% of your time.
- We seek candidates representing all types of diversity.