The Content Strategist is a multi-talented individual who understands that content and communication is paramount across all aspects of a business - including marketing, technology, and design. By combining first-rate writing skills with data-driven insights, the Content Strategist works to develop and implement a unified communications platform that fosters meaningful connections with target audiences across all business touchpoints.
To gather a holistic understanding of all of the information available to prospective customers, the Content Strategist conducts a comprehensive audit of the full content ecosystem of our clients, leveraging keyword research, site data and user behavior to identify gaps or weaknesses in comparison to primary competitors. Working closely with colleagues across Marketing, Technology, Strategy, and Design, the Content Strategist then designs the plan to refine and curate new and engaging content that serves our clients' business goals.
Explore project types you might work on
- Translate a brand’s story and business objectives into innovate content plans across an organization’s marketing ecosystem including digital properties and paid, owned and earned media
- Conduct comprehensive website and ecosystem audits as well as keyword research to identify content gaps and weaknesses
- Craft keyword-rich content for web and marketing to use as examples on large-scale redesign projects
- Lead keyword research initiatives to ensure all new and refined content drives maximum SEO value
- Perform competitive site analysis for site traffic and content consumption; working closely with the Data team to drive insights into actionable tactics and continued optimization
- Partake in content migration efforts, including site redirect strategy
- Develop and organize content taxonomy and framework
- Identify new formats, platforms, media, and digital opportunities to creatively tell our clients stories
- Collaborate across departments to represent content as a key pillar of client business
- Work directly with internal client teams to train on the use of content migration tools and support content writing efforts
- Support new business pitches and RFP replies
- Oversee (and help develop) client editorial calendars
- Support persona and journey mapping development
- A strong background in content strategy, with at least 5-7 years experience working with large-scale websites and content management systems.
- General understanding of design tools such as Sketch.
- Strong writing capabilities with an eye for design.
- Experience and general understanding of marketing channels including website, blog, social, and email marketing.
- Comfortable in a client-facing role with the ability to quickly build rapport and trust.
- Ability to both manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams on projects ranging from research-based content to website development.
- Self motivated and able to manage multiple competing deadlines.